Coronavirus Updates from First State Bank & Trust Co.
First State Bank & Trust limits lobby access
Effective Saturday, March 21, 2020, lobby access at all branches of First State Bank & Trust Co. will be by appointment only. The bank will continue to offer regular drive-thru services during office hours, and the night deposit box will remain open. This move will allow us to better practice the recommended social distancing while still providing for the needs of our customers.
Our personal bankers, financial and trust advisors and lenders will continue to work regular office hours and are ready to help with business or personal banking needs, including mortgages, new accounts, access to safety deposit boxes, investments and loans. To make an appointment, please call 402-721-2500.
First State Bank & Trust extends drive thru hours at Main Bank location
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Main branch (1005 E. 23rd Street) of First State Bank & Trust Company will offer extended hours in our drive thru. Banking can be completed from 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Monday – Friday and from 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday.
First State Bank & Trust temporarily closes Walmart branch
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Walmart branch of First State Bank & Trust Company will be temporarily closed until further notice. This is a preventative measure to keep staff healthy and to mitigate, suppress and delay the spread of COVID-19.
At this time, the other three locations remain open and all have drive thru facilities available. Lobby hours on Monday thru Friday are 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Main Office (1005 E. 23rd Street) and 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. at the Parkview Office (1965 E. Military Avenue) and Downtown Office (225 N. Main Street). Drive thru hours at all three locations are 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Monday thru Friday and 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday. Lobby hours on Saturday are 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Main Office and 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Parkview Office and Downtown Office.
First State wants to remind customers that there are additional ways of accessing account information. Internet banking is available at www.fsbtfremont.bank. Internet banking users can view balances, account activity with check images, transfer funds between accounts and other financial institutions, pay bills, access statements, order checks, add account stop pays and contact customer service.
First State also offers a free mobile app. Simply find the app in the Apple App Store for iPhone or iPad or in Google Play for Android, and follow the on-screen instructions to register. Customers can view balances, account activity, transfer funds, deposit checks, pay bills, locate our ATMs and contact customer service.
Customers can also use TeleFirst to access account information 24/7 by dialing 888-674-4344. All this takes is a touch-tone telephone and a TeleFirst personal identification number (PIN). With this, customers will have confidential access to their accounts. Customers can verify current balances, transfer money between accounts and get up-to-date information on Certificate of Deposit rates.
As always, customers can call the bank directly at 402-721-2500 during bank hours for any inquiries or to get help setting up the above methods. Lastly, up-to-the moment updates can be found at https://www.fsbtfremont.bank.
Coronavirus Updates from First State Bank & Trust Co.
We at First State Bank & Trust Company are monitoring and taking actions to respond to COVID-19, (also known as coronavirus). As always, the health, safety and well-being of our customers, employees and community members are our top priority.
The purpose of this update is to provide information and resources you may find helpful. Please be assured that First State Bank & Trust Company is focusing all of its efforts on supporting you, our employees, and our community through this situation.
Depend on Reliable Sources for Information
There is a great deal of misinformation regarding COVID-19 out there – below are some helpful resources that are being updated every day with the most up to date information. Please also be aware that there has been an increase in scams via email, phone and social media regarding COVID-19. The Federal Trade Commission is providing updates regarding possible scams.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization
- Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering – Tracking COVID-19 map
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Federal Trade Commission Updates on COVID-19 Scams
Convenient Ways to Conduct Banking & Financial Transactions from Your Home or Office
First State Bank & Trust Company offers many alternate banking solutions for those that wish to avoid public places or cannot visit us in person during this time. Also, in accordance with CDC guidance, we are asking that anyone who is experiencing a fever or respiratory illness or those that have recently travelled to CDC Level 2 or 3 countries postpone their visit to any First State Bank & Trust Company location for the appropriate amount of time.
There are many alternatives to in-person banking, including:
- Go Online! Our Online and Mobile Banking services that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, allowing both consumers and businesses to perform many banking transactions from your home or office location, which includes the ability to deposit checks, transfer funds between accounts at First State Bank & Trust Company and/or another financial institutions, checking your balance, reviewing account activity, pay your bills, send money to others using Mobile Wallet and more.
- Deposit your checks with your phone! With Mobile Deposit, you can save a trip to the Bank by depositing your check using your phone's camera. Be sure to include for FSB&T Mobile Deposit only in your endorsement to make sure your check goes through without a hitch.
- Call us! Our office is available to assist with your banking needs or questions you may have via phone at 402-721-2500 for immediate assistance during office hours. You can also have 24/7 confidential access to all of your First State Bank & Trust Company accounts through TeleFirst telephone banking by calling 888-674-4344 (this is toll-free). You can verify your current balance, transfer money between accounts and get up-to-date information on Certificate of Deposit Rates.
- Apply Online: Digital applications are available for requesting a personal loan or applying for a mortgage here.